Subject: Physical Education
Grades: Kindergarten through 6th
Phone: 480-507-1359 ext. 325
What a pleasure it is to be able to work with the Towne Meadows community.
The GOAL of a Physical Education lesson (education through movement) is to promote student growth in the Cognitive (knowledge), Psychomotor (physical), and Affective (emotional) domains by implementing the following objectives:
1. Introduce and expose students to various game or sport experiences and allow practice to obtain higher skill levels, develop strategy planning, and cooperate with others.
2. Inform students of the benefits from, and allow participation in, various physical fitness activities.
3. Introduce, promote, and encourage good sportsmanship skills and fitness attitudes.
4. Allow for practice in spatial awareness activities.
5. By engaging in various individual and group physical activities, students will learn to follow rules and learn to respect and appreciate other individuals’ space, talents, abilities, and differences.
6. Students will develop an attitude of being prepared and participating to the best of one’s abilities.
7. Allow student exploration in many settings using various pieces of equipment.
We have lots of fun engaging in many activities while trying to learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It is my hope that your children come home happy about P.E.
B.S. Physical Education Minor: Biology M.S. Physical Education
University Of Wisconsin - La Crosse
Over 36 years teaching. Experiences include over 32 years Elementary Physical Education, 2 years as a 5th grade teacher, 1 year as a 6th grade teacher, 1 year teaching 7th and 8th grade math, coaching high school girls volleyball and high school boys / girls track and field. I came to Gilbert after teaching for 20 years in Kodiak, Alaska. Carol Rae Ranch has been my main assignment for 14 years. My children attended Gilbert schools.
I look forward to working with you and your kids.
"Focus on the Awesome!" Kid President